I'm so excited to be running in the NYC Marathon this November as part of the Girls on the Run NYC SoleMates team. Girls on the Run inspires girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience based curriculum that integrates running and discussion.
This spring, I was lucky to be able to participate in the Girls on the Run 5K as a running buddy for a 4th grader from a charter school in the Bronx. Although I only joined them on one day, the girls had been training for months in the Girls on the Run after school program. I was so proud of these girls who had accomplished so much by training for the race. More importantly, the girls were proud of themselves, and began to form lifelong habits of health and fitness.
Your generosity can fund the program in many ways, including:
- $35 can sponsor a pair of running shoes for one girl
- $50 can fund a pair of running shoes and program snacks for one girl
- $140 can fund running shoes for four girls
- $250 can support a full season scholarship for one girl
- $1,000 can support full season scholarship for four girls
My goal is to raise $1000, and with your support, I can get there. Donate now at https://www.raceplanner.
You can find out more about this great organization and other ways to get involved at: http://www.girlsontherun.
Thank you so much!Ayelet