Last semester, I got involved with Girls on the Run as a coach. Unfortunately, my class schedule doesn’t allow me to coach this semester, so I’ve decided to help Girls on the Run of the Rockies provide scholarships as a SoleMate. Girls on the Run of the Rockies has provided just under $600,000 in scholarships in 2014 and 2015 (2016 and 2017 numbers still pending), and are expecting to help 6,000 girls this year.
The cost to Girls on the Run for one girl to participate is $170, but the money raised for scholarships brings the cost for each participant down by at least $55. I want to raise $900 to ensure that at least five more girls than last year get to have scholarships and a team benefits from a free seasons' worth of supplies. To help show the immediate impact of your donation, I’ll cut an inch off of my hair for every $50 raised and donate it to a wig-making charity. Assuming my hair grows at the standard rate, fundraising $900 would mean I cut off all my hair.
I have until May 20th, the date of the Colfax Half to fundraise. Please let me know if you have any questions and help me spread the word!
Girls on the Run of the Rockies Facts:
• No girl is turned away due to financial reasons (60% of participants qualify for aid)
• SoleMates raised $14,000 in 2017
• It’s a 501©3, Tax ID available upon request
• 220 program sites per year from Greely and FoCo to Pueblo and Lamar
• More than 900 coaches volunteer every year
• I learned a lot from both the girls and the program this fall as a coach, and I can't wait to be a coach again