Every spring, each Girls on the Run (GOTR) Girl and GOTR Coach is given the opportunity to participate in our annual Run for a Reason fundraiser. Girls ask family and friends to sponsor them for their end-of-season 5K run with a donation that helps more girls participate in GOTR programs across Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties, helps support the GOTR scholarship fund and makes it possible to keep fees as low as possible at all sites.
In their GOTR lessons, the girls learn about the importance of being part of a community and how we can all work together to improve it. The Run for a Reason fundraiser is one way to assist other girls in our area by helping them participate in Girls on the Run.
How Your Gift Helps Empower More Girls:
- $25 provides a new pair of shoes for a girl on scholarship.
- $50 trains one new Girls on the Run coach.
- $100 provides curriculum for one team of volunteer coaches.
- $250 sponsors one girl for the entire season.
- $500 provides scholarships for two girls for the entire season.
- $1,000 provides CPR and First Aid certification for 20 coaches.
- $3,750 underwrites an entire Girls on the Run team of 15 girls.
- $5,000 - Superstar donation allows us to help all of our girls and coaches shine!!