SoleMates is the charity running “leg” of Girls on the Run® and uses the power of running to make a difference in the lives of girls all across the Triangle. All money raised through SoleMates benefits the GOTR Triangle Scholarship Fund.
Tuesday, January 5, 2016 thru Saturday, December 31, 2016
Our SoleMates program is open to anyone year round.
Girls on the Run
About This Event
Do you have a passion for the Girls on the Run mission and want to help? Use the power of running to make a difference in the life of a girl and become a SoleMate!
The GOTR SoleMates program provides a great opportunity to give girls an example of healthy living. SoleMates is the charity running program of Girls on the Run of the Triangle. We are male and female athletes of all ages and abilities who pursue individual goals, such as running a marathon or participating in a triathlon, to raise money for Girls on the Run of the Triangle. Your personal goals can help thousands of young girls live their own dreams.
SoleMates funding provides scholarships for any girl who may need financial assistance in order to participate in the program. Last year, we awarded over $92,000 in scholarships! 100% of the funds raised through SoleMates directly supports scholarship participants in the Triangle.
Your $20 registration fee to the SoleMates program has great benefits, including:
- Easy online registration process
- Personalized online fundraising page
- Welcome packet including a Girls on the Run t-shirt and water bottle.
- Thank you cards (for those who support you)
- Inspirational emails from Girls on the Run
- Fundraising reward items for meeting fundraising levels at $200 and above (including Garmin watch, SoleMates tech running shirt, and more!)
- Extra motivation while training for your event – that you are doing it for a reason - to change the lives of girls in our community!