Come have some fun with Girls on the Run Saginaw Bay as participants complete their season finale 5K! This is a festive 5K you won’t want to miss with hot chocolate, holiday attire, a parade, and of course reindeer antlers!
5K starts at 10:45 am. On-site registration begins at 9:00am along with Happy Hair and Face Painting for Girls on the Run participants beginning at 9:30am.
Castle Museum, 500 Federal Avenue, Saginaw
Andersen Enrichment Center, 120 Ezra Rust, Saginaw
About This Event
Come have some fun with Girls on the Run Saginaw Bay as we partner with Positive Results Downtown Saginaw for this 9th annual event! Participants will run/walk the 3.1 miles of streets just in front of the Positive Results Downtown Saginaw Holiday Parade as Girls on the Run Saginaw Bay participants complete their season finale 5K! All participants receive reindeer antlers, but we encourage you to wear festive attire too!
Participants will finish at the Andersen Enrichment Center (120 Ezra Rust, Saginaw) where the finish line will greet them with hot chocolate, shopping at the Downtown Saginaw Farmer's Market winter market, an amazing display of cookie houses inside the Center, and a great front row view of the Holiday Parade!
Registration will take place at the Castle Museum (500 Federal Avenue, Saginaw, MI 48607) beginning at 9am the day-of the event and the music of High Fidelity Entertainment will be revving up the crowd in the parking lot of WTA Architecture (100 S. Jefferson Avenue, Saginaw, MI 48607) before the race!
The 2018 run will begin at the Castle Museum, head north on Jefferson, left (west) on Genesee, left (south) on Washington Avenue, make a loop in Hoyt Park by the Veteran's Memorial Park, head west on Ezra Rust, left (south) on Fordney, then finish on the lawn of the Andersen Enrichment Center.
Parking at the starting line will be available in the Michigan Works! parking lot (312 E. Genesee, Saginaw, MI 48607), the City of Saginaw Parking Ramp on Federal (approximately 351 Federal Avenue, Saginaw, MI 48607), and various street parking surrounding the Castle Museum. Please note some roads may be closed due to race/parade routes.
Parking at the finish line will be available at the Andersen Splash Park (1830 Fordney Road, Saginaw, MI), the YMCA of Saginaw (1915 Fordney Road 48601, Saginaw, MI 48601), and Crayola Park. Limited parking will be available at the Andersen Enrichment Center (120 Ezra Rust, Saginaw, MI 48601) for senior citizens. Please note some roads may be closed due to race/parade routes.
- This is a family event, strollers are permitted. Please be advised: A portion of the course does travel through gravel.
- No dogs or pets on leashes, please.
- Shuttle service will be available from the finish (Andersen Center) to the start (Castle Museum) from 9-10:30am and following the race. We cannot guarantee minimum wait times. If you have the means to make alternate travel arrangements from finish to start, you are encouraged to do so.
- We will do our best to see every paid participant receives a set of reindeer antlers and a finisher medal. However, they are only guaranteed for those who register by the early registration deadline of October 31.
- Families of 4 or more receive a special discount. After registering all 4 people, you will be able to enter the discount code 4ORMORE for a $5 discount per registration.
- Current Girls on the Run program participants DO NOT need to register for the 5K; their program registration includes their entry into the 5K. If parents or additional family members would like to participate, they can register here.