Thank you for your interest in coaching with Girls on the Run-DC! If you're wondering if you have to be a runner in order to be a Coach, wonder no more. Community Coaches are not required to be a runner but simply passionate about the mission of Girls on the Run. We have two requirements for our Girls on the Run-DC Community Coaches: commit to working with a group of girls throughout the 10-week season and bring energy and joy to each practice!
As a Community Coach, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The Fall season begins the week of March 13th and ends with the 5K on Sunday, June 4th.
- All new Community Coaches must attend a 4 hour, in-person training on February 25th (a sign-up link is available within this form).
- You are committing to volunteer 75-90 minutes, two times per week for 10 weeks, with additional time needed for the 5K.
- Girls on the Run (GOTR) teams are for girls in grades 3-5.
- Heart & Sole teams are for girls in grades 6-8.
- Practice days and times vary by location, please click here for a list of team practice information. *Please note that most of our teams practice on weekday afternoons, beginning around 3:30 or 4pm.
As a Coach, you are the heart of our Girls on the Run program. Successful implementation of the program requires Coaches to be present and engaged at both practice sessions each week. Therefore, Coaches who are absent for more than four (4) practices, during one season, will no longer be eligible to Coach a Girls on the Run-DC team.
For more information, please review our Coach Volunteer Job Description.
Sites with open Coaching spots:
- Boys & Girls Club - FBR Location (Tuesday/Thursday 4:00-5:30pm) - 1901 Mississippi Ave, SE