Thank you for returning as a Girls on the Run - DC Coach or Site Liaison. We look forward to working with you again this season!
As a Coach, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The Spring season begins the week of March 12th and ends with the 5K on Sunday, June 3rd.
- You are committing to volunteer 75-90 minutes, two times per week, with additional time needed for the 5K.
- All returning Coaches must watch a 1 hour online training video.
- Girls on the Run (GOTR) teams are for girls in grades 3-5.
- Heart & Sole teams are for girls in grades 6-8.
Practice days and times vary by location, please click here for a list of team practice information.
As a Coach, you are the heart of our Girls on the Run program. Successful implementation of the program requires Coaches to be present and engaged at both practice sessions each week. Therefore, Coaches who are absent for more than four (4) practices, during one season, will no longer be eligible to Coach a Girls on the Run-DC team.
For more information, please review our Coach Volunteer Job Description.